|COURSE DATES||Course Type|
|Check for Inhouse||Live online via zoom or in office|
What is MSP Foundation?
MSP® can help your organisation achieve successful outcomes from transformational change. It provides an approach and a set of tools to enable change. It helps practitioners to define and pursue changes, all while managing risks, unforeseen issues, stakeholders, and other aspects with clarity and control.
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) consists of a structured framework for organisations of all sizes and from all sectors to improve practices, offer better services and more effectively prepare for the future. It is a proven programme management best practice leading to the successful delivery of transformational change.
MSP® consists of set principles, governance themes and a transformational flow to provide the map for the programme lifecycle. It is very flexible and can be tailored to serve the needs of the initative.
Each student that passed the exam will be provided with an MSP® foundation certification and will appear on the MSP® Successful Candidate Registers.
Who can benefit from MSP?
MSP Foundation is suitable for members of a Programme Office, business change team members, project delivery team members, as well as any professional who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP. The certification is also valuable for those wishing to pursue higher-level certifications (e.g. Programme Managers, Business Change Managers (BCMs) and Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)..
- Provide industry referenced standards
- Provide a framework of best practice principles and concepts drawn from the latest experiences and proven practice
- Help practitioners improve their decision making and to become better at implementing beneficial change
- Enable individuals to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the each product by obtaining a globally recognised qualification (MSP® Programme Management Foundation, &MSP® Programme Management Practitioner)
How can MSP benefit your organisation?
The MSP framework offers a proven roadmap for bringing about organizational change. It helps practitioners to define and pursue changes, all while managing risks, unforeseen issues, stakeholders, and other aspects with complete clarity and control.
Program management has become an essential skill for driving transformational change in organizations. With a clear process in place, businesses can realize the benefits of major changes as quickly and efficiently as possible without having to sacrifice quality or disappoint stakeholders.
- Applies a common framework for all programmes
- Adds value by concentrating on benefits
- Helps the alignment of corporate strategy, delivery mechanisms for change and business-as-usual environment
- Improves productivity through progress monitoring, performance assessment and benefits realisation
- Assists in future strategies refinement by encouraging feedback
- Offers best practice guidance to all organisations of any type or size
Topics Covered in the MSP® Foundation Training
- Provide Delegates with an understanding of the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to programme management
- Apply the principles of MSP® to a programme within a work environment
- Operate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured programme and project management environment
- Enable delegates to understand the MSP® framework to be prepared to sit the Foundation and Practitioner exams
MSP philosophy and structure:
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the lifecycle
The 7 MSP Principles:
- Lead with purpose
- Collaborate across boundaries
- Deal with ambiguity
- Align with priorities
- Deploy diverse skills
- Realize measurable benefits
- Bring pace and value.
The 7 governance themes:
MSP® Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book, 60 multiple -choice questions.
Who should attend MSP® Foundation Training?
This course targets project managers and team members that wish to consider or are using MSP®
MSP® is aimed at:
- Programme managers
- Project managers
- Project delivery managers and team members
- Business change managers and team members
- Anyone who works following the MSP guidance
ITIL®/PRINCE2®/MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
MSP is specifically designed to address the most common challenges that organizations encounter when leading investments in change. It is designed to align programmes and projects to organizational strategy and to provide governance. It focuses on the outcomes of benefits, whilst mitigating risks and actively engaging stakeholders.
MSP 5th edition emphasizes more on flexibility, adaptability, and responsiveness by adopting an incremental approach to the programme lifecycle and thus enabling organizational agility.
The e-book is available to you online after registering on the PeopleCert platform with our exam voucher. You can also purchase a hard copy of the book in our bookstore. If you take a course with us there is a discount on the book . Contact us for the discount code.
Yes, it can. MSP is particularly useful in an agile environment. It is non-prescriptive and can additional value in stakeholder management, benefits management and value-based delivery.
Delegates that pass the foundation can take an MSP Practitioner course and go ahead and take the Practitioner Exam. The Practitioner course is an additional 2 days.
MSP® Practitioner Exam: 2½ hours, open book (MSP® manual only) consisting of 68 scenario-based objective test questions.