What is ITIL Foundation?
The ITIL® 4 course is suited to candidates that are involved in any of the processes of IT-enabled services, which includes provisional, support, or delivery stages. The course covers the fundamentals of the latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world. When you finish this certification, you will understand how ITIL evolved to adopt modern technologies and operational processes as well as the necessary concepts in a service management framework.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation Certificate course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in the provision, support, or delivery of IT-enabled services in a modern digital organisation
Each student that passed the exam will be provided with an ITIL® foundation certification and will appear on the ITIL® Successful Candidate Registers.
What is the format of the online course?
This is an online self-paced training course. It has a mix of
- Professionals working in IT with an interest in IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Professionals who wish to apply ITIL ‘Best Practice’ principles across an enterprise
- Professionals who have not previously attended an ITIL® 4 Foundation course
- Project Managers
The benefit of Self Paced learning from Althris?
Althris Training provides access to the tutor and other training resources. Each module has a recap quiz to test your knowledge of the subject. Clear video guidance and learning study aid aligned to the syllabus.
You can go super fast or super slow recap on more difficult topics
- Learning at their own pace
- Develops ownership of learning
- Better insights into learning
- Freedom to use various models of learning, Video, Official Manual, Quizzes or Learning Aids
- Prompts more effective learning in students
- Boosts self-esteem and self-reflection of students’
- Creates a stress-free learning process
Topics Covered in the ITIL® Foundation Training
ITIL 4 Foundation enables candidates to look at IT Service Management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
- IT Service Management definitions; Service, Utility, Warranty, Customer, User, Service management, Sponsor
- Key concepts of value creation
- Key concepts of service relationships; service offering; service provision; service consumption; service relationship management
- The nature, use and interaction of 7 ITIL guiding principles; Focus on value; Start where you are; Progress iteratively with feedback; Collaborate and promote visibility; Think and work holistically; Keep it simple and practical; Optimize and automate
- The 4 dimensions of service management; Organizations and people; Information and technology; Partners and suppliers; Value streams and processes
- The ITIL service value system
- The service value chain, its inputs and outputs, and its role in supporting value streams
- Service value chain elements; Plan, Improve, Engage, Design & transition, Obtain / Build, Deliver & support
Detail of how the following ITIL practices support the service value chain:
- Continual Improvement (including continual improvement model)
- Change control
- Incident management
- Problem Management
- Service request management
- Service desk
- Service level management
ITIL® Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book, 40 multiple-choice questions. 65% required to pass.
Who should attend ITIL® Foundation Training?
The ITIL® (4) Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take the first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practices and wish to learn about ITIL 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
• IT Support Staff
• IT Consultants
• Business Managers
• Business Process Owners
• IT Developers
• Service Providers
• System Integrators
• Anyone working in a Devops team
ITIL®/PRINCE2®/MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
What will an ITIL qualification do for me?
As an IT management framework, ITIL can help businesses manage risk, strengthen customer relations, establish cost-effective practices, and build a stable IT environment that allows for growth, scale, and change.
ITIL is a globally recognized set of the best in class management practices. ITIL certification helps you know the widely used concepts, terms, and processes to improve the organization’s growth.
- Worldwide Recognized Qualification
- You gain Knowledge and Credibility
- Enables you to think and work at a more senior level
- Makes You A Key Contributor To Organisational improvement
- Smart Approach to Improve service delivery
- Acquaintance with Service Language
- Helps to Introduce Proactive Agile Cultire
- Instils Confidence & Refines Capabilities
- Provides a Sharper skillset and Career boost
The e-book is available to you online after registering on the PeopleCert platform with our exam voucher. You can also purchase a hard copy of the book in our bookstore. If you take a course with us there is a discount on the book. Contact us for the discount code.
Can ITIL be used in an Agile Environment?
Yes, it can. ITIL has been redesigned with Agile and DevOps in mind. It provides tons of flexibility
I think you need to gather your thoughts before making the decision about the next step and figure out what your position is now and your desired career goal. Is it going to be managerial or more linked to the technical side of strategy?
Advancing your ITIL knowledge and skills beyond the Foundation level means selecting further certification and ITIL Practitioner is the logical next step