|COURSE DATES||Course Type|
|Check for Inhouse||Live online via zoom or in office|
What is ITIL4 Foundation?
The ITIL4® course is suited to candidates that are involved in any of the processes of IT-enabled services, which includes provisional, support or delivery stages. The course covers the fundamentals of the latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world. When you finish this certification, you will understand how ITIL evolved to adopt modern technologies and operational processes as well as the necessary concepts in a service management framework.
Each student that passed the exam will be provided with an ITIL4® foundation certification and will appear on the ITIL4® Successful Candidate Registers.
Who can benefit from ITIL?
ITIL4® Foundation is suitable for anyone who wants to get a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within a business. The ITIL 4 Foundation also applies to IT professionals who work within an existing business that has adopted ITIL already and now want to improve on what they have already implemented, as well as:
- Professionals working in IT with an interest in IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Professionals who wish to apply ITIL ‘Best Practice’ principles across an enterprise
- Professionals who have not previously attended an ITIL4® Foundation course
- Project Managers
How can ITIL benefit your organisation?
ITIL is a set of best practice processes for delivering IT services to your organization’s customers. ITIL has its foundations in the IT world, but its principles can easily be used outside of it, within Facilities or HR departments, for instance.
You can maximise value to the business by aligning your organization’s processes and services with your business needs. Applying ITIL offers multiple advantages by:
- Giving input for process improvements and helping to solve service delivery issues.
- Stimulating process-based thinking and working, while making the effects of doing this visible.
- Introducing a general terminology used by service providers and customers, so that everyone is always on the same page
The ITIL® 4 course introduces students to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organisation work together as a system to enable value creation. The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional and more common project management.
Topics Covered in the ITIL® Foundation Training
ITIL4 Foundation enables candidates to look at IT Service Management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expanding to be integrated into different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
- IT Service Management definitions; Service, Utility, Warranty, Customer, User, Service management, Sponsor
- Key concepts of value creation
- Key concepts of service relationships; service offering; service provision; service consumption; service relationship management
- The nature, use and interaction of 7 ITIL guiding principles; Focus on value; Start where you are; Progress iteratively with feedback; Collaborate and promote visibility; Think and work holistically; Keep it simple and practical; Optimize and automate
- The 4 dimensions of service management; Organizations and people; Information and technology; Partners and suppliers; Value streams and processes
- The ITIL service value system
- The service value chain, its inputs and outputs, and its role in supporting value streams
- Service value chain elements; Plan, Improve, Engage, Design & transition, Obtain / Build, Deliver & support
Detail of how the following ITIL practices support the service value chain:
- Continual Improvement (including continual improvement model)
- Change control
- Incident management
- Problem Management
- Service request management
- Service desk
- Service level management
ITIL® Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book, 40 multiple-choice questions. 65% required to pass.
Who should attend ITIL® Foundation Training?
The ITIL® (4) Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take the first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practices and wish to learn about ITIL4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
• IT Support Staff
• IT Consultants
• Business Managers
• Business Process Owners
• IT Developers
• Service Providers
• System Integrators
• Anyone working in a DevOps team
ITIL®/PRINCE2®/MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
As an IT management framework, ITIL can help businesses manage risk, strengthen customer relations, establish cost-effective practices, and build a stable IT environment that allows for growth, scale, and change.
ITIL is a globally recognized set of best class management practices. ITIL certification helps you know the widely used concepts, terms, and processes to improve the organization’s growth.
- Worldwide Recognized Qualification
- You gain Knowledge and Credibility
- Enables you to think and work at a more senior level
- Makes You A Key Contributor To Organisational improvement
- Smart Approach to Improve service delivery
- Acquaintance with Service Language
- Helps to Introduce Proactive Agile Culture
- Instils Confidence & Refines Capabilities
- Provides a Sharper skillset and Career boost
The e-book is available to you online after registering on the PeopleCert platform with our exam voucher. You can also purchase a hard copy of the book in our bookstore. If you take a course with us there is a discount on the book. Contact us for the discount code.
Yes, it can. ITIL has been redesigned with Agile and DevOps in mind. It provides tons of flexibility
I think you need to gather your thoughts before making the decision about the next step and figure out what your position is now and your desired career goal. Is it going to be managerial or more linked to the technical side of strategy?
Advancing your ITIL knowledge and skills beyond the Foundation level means selecting further certification and ITIL Practitioner is the logical next step